Thursday, October 7, 2010

Gone Felt Fishing....




I have been inspired by so many awesome blogs I have found on the net.  I saw a felt fishing set on http://zitzmanfam.blogspot.com/2010/07/felt-fishing-set.html (this blog is sooo awesome and full of tons of cool ideas!)and oh my goodness.. I knew I had to make one right away! 



Any excuse to buy more felt or go to the craft store makes a project top priority ;)  I didn't take any pic during the process (this was before I started my blog)...but I was able to capture many awesome pics of my 2 little boys enjoying their fishing set :)  Calvin (who is 2 and my oldest) found this set awesome!  He was instantly entertained and proceeded to play with it on and off all day. Calvin was so proud whenever he caught a fish. He had to show me and say " I fish" :) 

He plays with it every day!  Even Ethan (my 9 month old) thought fishing was pretty fun! 
This was actually a pretty fast project to complete.  For me that was great because with 2 busy lil boys actually completing any  project is hard.  I didn't use the templates that were on the blog but rather cut shapes out by my own template or just winged it.  This is a great and fun toy to make!!! I'm even thinking of making a small felt pond to put the fish on :)

Back of Fish w/Velcro...
The hook will still "catch" the fish even if the 2 pieces of Velco don't match up!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment